Ten Commandments for New Mamas (from the cat)
( This is posted in honor of my friends Krysty and Rocky and their precious newborn son)
- Keep your babies clean. Frequent bathing is a must.
- Feed your babies regularly. Warm milk is the best.
- Purr loudly when babies are near.
- Allow yourself ‘me’ time now and then, just don’t go too far away.
- It’s alright to allow your babies to mew. It strengthens their lungs.
- Nap together. Nap often.
- Remember that even a cardboard box is a wonderful home when you are all together.
- Allow others to hold your babies but only for short periods of time.
- Watch your own behavior closely. You are the most influential teacher your babies will ever have.
- Turn your babies loose when they are adequately weaned.